If you are reading this blog for the first time or after a while away, read the previous post before reading this one, as they go together. Go to http://robbinshopkins.com/2009/09/patience-is-love-of-self-part-1/.
It is possible to focus on impatience within ourselves and rout it out! This concept though came to me slowly over a long period of time. I awoke gradually to the implications of naming what was causing me distress, imbalance and friction in my life. Here are some concrete examples of how to name impatience and command it out of our field.
Before doing this work or any other of a spiritual nature, open a sacred healing space. I do this by inviting my Highest I AM Self , the Angelic Host, the Nature Intelligences, the Ascended Master of all traditions, the Comic Light Being of the Highest Light, Divine Physicians who can work with me today. Do what works for you.
When impatience is manifesting in our lives in the present time, we usually know it is present. We sometimes carefully and cleverly ignore it, make excuses for it or downright deny we are being impatient. This is a process when you are ready to honestly face the energy of impatience within.
1. The first step is to NAME the settings, interactions, situations where we are feeling impatient with ourselves or others. It looked like this for me. Getting up every morning, stomping around the house looking for my hair brush and cursing about never being able to find anything, repeatedly, day after day when I had to go to work!!
Also, even though you can quickly and decisively name impatience in others, that does you absolutely no good. You can only change that pattern in yourself. Your own healing of this imbalance will affect those around you.
What does impatience look like in your life? How does it specifically manifest? Pick one instance where you have been impatient with self or others, to further explore.
2. A second step in this process is to name all the ways impatience in the situation you have named is benefiting you. For me, it benefited me because it allowed me to get out my impatience with myself in a safe private environment before I was publicly at work. The ranting also kept me in touch with my power, as distorted as that was, because I felt trapped by the daily routine of going to that job. Giving power to my impatience provided me a forum to rail without any perceived consequences to myself. I could let loose and not hurt anyone but myself.
How does the impatience in the situation you have identified, benefit you? What pay offs are your getting from you impatience in this situation?
3. The third step is to consider the costs of this continued set of behaviors to yourself and to others. In my case, it was very unpleasant for my husband to witness this self-condemnation on my part every morning I had to work. Though I seemed to be getting in touch with what I thought of as power, really, I was venting my impatience with myself all over the house. This made it very difficult to get to work with grace and ease, actually, next to impossible. I don’t think grace and ease were even in my vocabulary at the time.
What are the costs to yourself and to others of continuing with this form of impatience with yourself or others?
4. The fourth area to explore is what specific fears are fueling the impatience with self or with others. In my case, my fears were of losing the “me” I liked, by being in a job I was not happy with. Another fear was that I was losing my sense of my 0wn power by needing to “fit in” to the organization where I was working. Another fear was of never getting to where I could really make a difference through what I was doing.
What specific fears are fueling the impatience with self or with others?
When the fears are specifically named, you are ready to decide if you would like these to leave your energy field for good. If so, continue with the next section for how to do that. If not, perhaps you can return to this when you feel ready to release the fears manifesting in your life as impatience with self or others.
Clearing the energy behind impatience.
There are a few basic concepts which will support this clearing of blocked energy manifesting as impatience. The first is that impatience is not an eternal energy. It is not of the family of love and therefore is fleeting, passing and is not a permanent fixture of our own true selves. We may have this trait for months, years or lifetimes but none the less, it is a passing trait which we can release if we are so inclined. Secondly, we have the deep knowing of All That Is within us. We are one with God/The Great Oneness/All That Is. We may not feel we are connected to this knowing, but we are. We need to claim this connection and releasing that which is not of love, in any form, strengthens that connection on our side. From the “other side” that connection is constant, everlasting and steadfast. Thirdly, if we command blocked energy out of our field, it will go. Until you have experience doing this, you have to simply do it and see. Then the experience of cleared energy will be known to you in this time and space and the process will become easier over time.
The clearing process begins with intent. One day I decided that I no longer wanted impatience in my energy field. Thus began a series of letting go and clearing of impatience energy from all areas of my life. I imagine there is still more to do but the backlog has been addressed! We get as many chances as we need. We can do the work now or do the work later. This is a loving step towards claiming the power and peace of our own true selves. Every one of us is capable of being patient with ourselves and others. We simply need to call out the blocked energy manifesting as impatience and call forth love to replace it.
Steps to Clear Impatience from you Field
1. Reopen your sacred healing space or restate your intent to work within that space if you have already opened it that day. ( see above)
2. Call forth the sacred flame from within you.
This flame is the form of God, All That Is, the Great Oneness which is within each of us. It knows nothing beyond the Presence of God. It is the energy of our own I AM Energy and of the Great I AM Energy in the same moment. Further, the Sacred or Eternal Flame is constant, all powerful, all knowing and everywhere present. We are in good hands with this image of Divine Oneness! Say, “I call forth the Eternal Flame from within me.”
3. Call out all the blocked fear energy you have identified in your field which is manifesting as impatience. Say something like, ” Sacred Flame consume the blocked fear of ______ which is manifesting as impatience with myself and others. ” You can call out all the specific fears you have identified from Step 4 above, at the same time.
4. Call out the core of the blocked energy from the specific year, month and day of its inception into you field. Say something like, ” I call forth this blocked fear of ____________ from all time and space from the specific year, month and day of its inception into my energy field which is now manifesting as impatience with myself and with others. Consume the original blocked energy source of this impatience from my energy field totally and completely.”
All that can go in the given day, will leave your energy field. However, you may have to repeat this process many times until the manifestation of all impatience leaves your field. Each time you do this, more and more blocked energy will leave your field forever!
5. Call in the Presence of Divine Love in the place where the fear has been. Say something like, I call forth the Presence of Divine Love into my thinking, feeling, acting self where this blocked fear energy has resided manifesting as impatience with myself and others.
6. Give thanks for the loving support of the sacred healing space. Say something like, Thank you so much for this opportunity, for the clearing and for the reconnection with Divine Love.
Blessing to all who come this way! If you try this process, share your results with us here that we may witness each other’s efforts and share in the energy of seeking greater Peace individually and collectively. If you do not see the “reply box” here, click on the Title and you will be taken to the Internet space to leave a comment.
Tierney Smith says
I am amazed and so grateful for all that I have learned – how to release and let go of impatience and call In LOVE! 💗 So much heartful gratitude for access to this healing process! 🎶 Thank you Divine I Am Presense!🙏👼